What is Warrantable?
1 year / workman ship
2 year / systems
10 year / structural
Warranty Summary – please contact Solitude Homes with further questions.
Most items on and in your home are covered for the first year against defects due to workmanship and materials. There are manufacturers’ warranties on most of the products used to create your home that exceed this one-year limit.
There are no warranties on some items, or the warranty on such items is dependent on homeowner maintenance. The following items are the sole responsibility of the homeowner to maintain and are NOT covered under Solitude Homes Inc. warranties.
- Hairline cracks in concrete
- Air-conditioning maintenance (refer to Air Conditioning)
- Landscaping: trees, shrubs, and grass need proper care to ensure their health and survival (water, fertilizer, pruning, etc.) and are subject to forces of nature (heat, cold, etc). As we cannot supervise the performance of this necessary care and cannot control the weather, Tahoe Homes, LLC can not warranty the landscaping around your home.
- Landscape Curbing: due to the natural heaving of the ground during hot and cold cycle transitions, cracking of your concrete landscape curbing is unavoidable and therefore not covered under warranty. Control joints (grooves in the curbing) have been installed in order to provide a place for the curbing to crack where it will be less noticeable.
- Pest Infestation/Damage: rodents, insects, etc. are a part of the natural world and may, in some cases attempt to share your new home with you. Pest control is a homeowner responsibility and is not covered under warranty.
Warranty service is not designed to handle “cosmetic” or “maintenance” items. All cosmetic items should be resolved prior to closing on the home. Maintenance items are the responsibility of the homeowner. The one-year warranty is extended only to the original homeowner and is not transferable to any subsequent homeowner.
It should be further noted that it is the duty of the homeowner to report all conditions covered by this warranty in a timely manner. Solitude Homes Inc. will not be responsible for any excessive damage created by delay or failure to report a problem.
All warranty requests must be submitted in writing on the Solitude Homes Inc. website located at www.solitudehomes.com. In order to handle your request in a timely manner, it will be necessary for you to make arrangements for either you or a representative (not a minor) to allow us access to your home and remain present while any work is being performed. All warranty work must be completed Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
In case of an emergency, you may contact the appropriate sub-contractor directly. Contact information for these contractors can be found on the stickers located on your furnace or water heater. Examples of emergencies include:
- Plumbing leaks
- Gas leaks
- Total loss of air-conditioning during the summer
- Total loss of heat during the winter
I hope this brief introduction to our warranty program has been helpful.